Acai Berry Capsules
vitamins and minerals
vitamins and minerals
More and more people are becoming aware of some of the negative consequences of our 21st Century living styles. With our health services seemingly always playing 'catch-up' with the latest drug resistant bug, ordinary people are researching more natural ways to keep and restore their health. Every week, some 'Alternative' therapy grabs the limelight. But one of the simplest and easiest ways to stay healthy, is to eat well.
Simply put, a 'Superfood', is a food that is so naturally packed with goodness, that it may help to boost levels of health and vitality - naturally.
For the peoples of the Amazon, Acai berries are simply part of their normal every day diet. Used for hundreds of years as a traditional natural remedy, the Acai berry grows freely and plentifully in this hot and humid environment.
Traditionally the Amazonian peoples used Acai berries for a wide range of treatments. They used the grated rind of the Acai for use on skin blemishes or ulcers and the oil they used for stomach ailments. Roasted, ground seeds of the Acai berries were used to help relieve the symptoms of fevers. But generally, the Acai is enjoyed as an essential part of a daily diet and all round general health.
So what exactly is being discovered about the Acai?
- Fresh Acai comes up as one of the top sources for antioxidant activity. Freeze-dried Acai has a score of 35,000 per 100 grams.
- The Açai berry contains high levels of anthocyanins which help conserve the level of antioxidants in foods and continue to do so after they are eaten. Açai berry actually provides 10 to 30 times more than red wine - the previously recommended highest source.
- Açai berries are rich in omega fats: Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9.
- Acai berries have a high fibre content.
- Açai berries have a high content of amino acids and protein.
- Açai berries also contain three different plant sterols - B-sitosterol, campesterol and sigmasterol. These help to keep a heart healthy, and assist proper digestive functions.
- Açai berries also contain vitamins B1, B2, B3, C and E, supplying just as much vitamin C as another superfood - blueberries.
- For every 100 grams of Acai, you receive more than 1000 IU of Vitamin A.
- Açai also contains essential minerals, specifically potassium, calcium, copper, magnesium, and zinc.
What's so important about Antioxidants?
- The body needs a variety of vitamins and minerals and antioxidants to keep it running healthily.
- As well as the high antioxidant levels, the Acai berry naturally provides vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E, as well as the minerals potassium, magnesium, copper, calcium, and zinc.
- This balance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are known to help decrease 'bad' cholesterol, while increasing levels of 'good' cholesterol.
- For every 100 grams of unprocessed Acai, there is more than 1,000 IU of vitamin A, which is known to enhance the moisture and health of your skin.
- Also the potassium, magnesium, copper, calcium, and zinc in Acai, is known to promote healthy bones and heart.
- The Acai berry has specific healthy fats, omega-3 and omega-6
- The Acai berry offers four times the energy of milk, along with a healthy serving of lipids, carbohydrates, iron, and vitamin B1.
- Vitamin C cannot be produced naturally by your body, and has to be found in foods. This vitamin is essential in helping the body fight infections.
- The Acai berry has a high Vitamin C content, actually matching the blueberry - another recognised superfood.
- The Acai berry also contain the plant sterols B-sitosterol and campesterol, which in several health studies has proven useful for improving the health of the heart as well as enhancing digestive function.
Acai Berry extract is not a medicine and is not intended to treat, cure or prevent a disease.