What is it?
Training course aimed at experienced drivers. As required by the Health and Safety Authority this is a three day course. This course is suitable for counter balance trucks only.
What will be covered?
The course includes modules such as:
- Safe Working Loads
- Correct Operating Procedures
- Handling Empty Pallets
- Fork Truck Stability
- Battery Care or Refueling
- Elementary Driving
How long will it take?
The course is three days in duration as per guidance from the Health and Safety Authority, with a half day refresher course due on expiration of certificate.
What do I get Should I successfully complete the course?
Upon successful completion of the course the participant will receive a certificate valid for 1 year after which a half day refresher course must be completed in order to stay certified. What is the need for a driving course?
- To comply with current legislation – Health and Safety, welfare at work act.
- To reduce insurance premiums and claims by preventing accidents
- To protect property and preserve valuable resources
- To protect staff and visitors
- To ensure the safety of staff, visitors and stock
- To increase efficiency and safety of current work practices.
- To Reduce cost of training by having drivers trained at work location.
Driving Training - For a Safer Workplace