Fujitsu Europe, Middle East and Africa
November 2, 2011
– PFU is the first vendor to offer Scan-to-iPhone and Scan-to-iPad software functions connecting paper-based documents directly to the mobile Apple world.
October 28, 2011
– High-performance document imaging with Fujitsu scanners has always been a winning proposition. Now new, existing and prospective ScanSnap users can win even more. Customers, who recently purchased a Fujitsu ScanSnap, are an existing ScanSnap user, or who are planning to purchase a ScanSnap scanner, can take part in the Celebrate ScanSnap promotion and win 130 pounds sterling. The promotion will run until just before Christmas. There will be two prizes awarded every week.
September 16, 2011
– Kiyoshi Hasegawa has been appointed president of Fujitsu company PFU Limited. In his new function, Hasegawa aims to continue the successful pioneer work of his predecessor, Fujio Wajima, who assumed chairmanship of the board of directors. In times of drastic changes and new trends such as cloud and mobile computing, Hasegawa wants to lead the company with a sense of speed and smartness and the motivational spirit of its 4,500 employees. On this basis, he is looking at making PFU a leader also in the new era of cloud and mobility.
July 19, 2011
– Fujitsu announced today that the National Bureau of Statistics of China in Beijing (hereafter NBSC) successfully concluded China's 6th National Census Project this past April 2011, with the help of 1,700 fi-Series large-volume document scanners and Chinese OCR software which were furnished by the Fujitsu Group. China has the largest population in the world and boasts the world's second largest GDP. This project has been highly anticipated both in China and abroad as it took on the extremely difficult task of surveying the country's approximately 1.3 billion residents in order to obtain accurate demographic statistics and information on household lifestyles. NBSC released the results of the project on April 28, 2011.
July 4, 2011
– PFU Imaging Solutions Europe Ltd will celebrate a milestone on July 10, 2011, as the date marks the 10 year anniversary since the company debuted its first ScanSnap series personal document scanner.