Corporate governance and organisational structure are the critical enablers in 'putting strategy to work'. A clearly defined business model with specific design criteria allows an organisation to focus effort in the right areas and delivers competitive advantage. Prospectus assists clients to review the performance of their Board, assess their management structures and define the respective roles and responsibilities of the Board and the management team.
Prospectus has substantial experience in conducting feasibility studies, assessing the viability of new centres or businesses and identifying the focus and priorities of new entities, their governance structures and operating costs.
Strategy is at the core of Prospectus's services. Typically, Prospectus works with clients to enable them to answer three questions:
- Where should we go and why?
- Future Direction
- How do we get there and when?
- Route Map
- How can we make it all happen?
- Organise for change
Prospectus has a unique capability in merger integration. This builds on the behaviours and actions of some of the world's leading acquirers and focuses on how value is delivered through the integration of organisations.
Robust business cases are a fundamental requirement for securing investment and are widely used in all aspects of business. Prospectus has a wealth of experience in developing business cases with a very high success rate.
Prospectus has a proven name in conducting sectoral reviews that make hard calls and confront the real issues. Studies such as the review of the dairy processing industry, the review of the pigmeat industry and the audit of the structures and functions of the healthcare system have led and crystallised thinking in each of these sectors.
With diverse sectoral contacts and research capabilities, Prospectus assesses markets from numerous perspectives such as attractiveness for entry, commercial due diligence, market testing or getting feedback from the market and customers for a particular organisation. Typically, this research is primary and focused on speaking to experts, influencers and decision makers.
Prospectus assists clients to translate long-term strategy into an annual business plan with practical business objectives, clear actions and defined resources and costs.
Through careful planning and the identification of potential issues at the strategy development stage, Prospectus assists clients to put plans into action successfully. Understanding how to manage the various stakeholders is a critical part of this process, together with a clear prioritisation of where to focus the time, effort and resources available.
Prospectus works closely with clients to create programme and project disciplines which match the organisational culture, i.e. how things get done in the client organisation. Successful change programmes are managed through effective programme and project planning that avoids the creation of unnecessary loops and allows people to get on with the job of implementation.
The Prospectus Action Learning Programme is a fresh approach to management development and training. It is not a classic consultancy assignment, but instead focuses on developing the skills of management and staff through a structured programme that addresses live strategic issues for the client organisation.
Following an assessment of the client's strategic objectives and major challenges, Prospectus determines the skills and training needed, and creates and delivers a suitable 'just-in-time' skills development programme to enhance staff's capability to achieve the organisation's goals. This high level of training will equip the client's staff to address similar challenges successfully in the future.
Prospectus works with research and educational institutions in order to identify opportunities, strategies and frameworks for the commercialisation of research. Prospectus can:
- Provide assistance in developing commercialisation frameworks
- Improve existing or design new structures and processes to facilitate innovation or commercialisation of intellectual property
- Act as a joint venture partner in helping to exploit intellectual property.
Prospectus works with clients to enable the achievement of bottom line results and the improvement of organisational performance. To grow and improve effectiveness, organisations need to focus on business efficiency by reducing costs, improving operations and making the best use of assets. Prospectus helps clients to identify performance improvement opportunities and execute performance improvement projects and programmes to enhance organisational effectiveness.
Prospectus works with clients to facilitate the achievement of major change in support of the client organisation's strategic objectives. Prospectus adopts an approach which:
- Ensures the entire process is linked to the organisation's corporate objectives
- Focuses on critical issues and opportunities
- Sets clear and measurable goals up front
- Is structured and logical
- Provides an excellent learning experience for team members
- Sets out a practical implementation plan
Prospectus understands the nature of the healthcare system in Ireland and, as such, is uniquely placed to provide a valuable healthcare planning service to clients. Particular services include:
- Facility planning and design, including working with architects on specific hospital/healthcare design
- Equipment procurement and advising on stages of installation, including working with engineers on site
- Securing building, quantity surveyors and mechanical and electrical contracts
- Securing outsourcing contracts for services such as hospital supplies and the HSSD (Hospital Service Supply Department)
- Development of operational policies
- Quality improvement
- Carrying out hospital audits of clinical services
- Facilitating continuous quality improvement programmes
- Facilitating the design of integrated care pathways for individual services
- Business case development
- Developing business cases using activity-based costing
- Identification of investment opportunities.