Smiles Dental - O'Connell St Dublin
Dental, dental care, Dental Implants
A dental implant is a metal fixture (usually a screw) that is placed into the jaw bone. It acts as a support for a false tooth or a set of false teeth. The fixture fuses with the jaw bone (osseointegration).
Implants are made of commercially and medically pure Titanium. This is the same metal that has been successfully used in hip replacements for many years. It is inert and is not known to cause any type of rejection phenomenon.
Dental implants provide a number of benefits for people seeking alternatives and solutions to the problems created by tooth loss. These benefits include:
* Renewed ability to chew and speak properly
* Restoration of facial aesthetics
* Preservation of remaining jaw bone structure
* Reduction of possible gum problems and infections
* Increased confidence and self-esteem as a result of all of the above.
Dental Implants offer several major advantages to patients after tooth loss. The ability to recover the natural appearance of teeth is one of the greatest advantages.
, dental care
, Dental Implants