Submissions should demonstrate how an original, new, or advanced mobile application has enabled the execution of a business or brand project, product or service, or has been used to increase its effectiveness in delivering business or other tangible objectives. This award is about using new technology in an innovative way by incorporating social networking into your app and using efficient information to create a superb application of technology for a particular business or brand.
Strategy (objectives, planning, execution, budget) 30%
Design (rationale, concept, user experience, consumer engagement) 20%
Innovation (content, creativity, benefits) 20%
Results (users, repeat visitors, leads, ROI) 30%
Who should enter?
This category is open to any agency or business that has developed a mobile application for a specific business or brand.
What types of projects should be submitted?
Judges will be looking for mobile applications that have increased the popularity, effectiveness, access, usability, etc., of a particular business or brand, or business/brand product. Those applications which utilize new technologies, or have adapted existing technology in an innovative way, and have successfully achieved their business objectives will be rewarded. Enter this category if your app has incorporated social networking or state of the art technologies, resulting in a superb business/brand mobile application.
How will my submission be judged?
Two Judges will grade your submission based on the following four sections, all of which are worth specific weights of your overall grade. The merits of your submission in each section will be given a score out of 10: you can find out what each number means in the Submission Process section of our website. Both of the judge’s overall scores out of 10 in each of these four sections will be added up and weighted based on the percentage each section is worth. This number will be your final grade.
- Strategy: This section is worth 30% of your overall grade. This section is important at is gives you the opportunity to explain why you have developed your business/brand app. You need to explain the objectives behind your app, including the goals you hope(d) to achieve and motivations behind utilizing a mobile platform. You also need to provide a step-by-step outline of the planning that went into your business/brand app. You also need to explain the implementation and/or execution stage of your app, including how you introduced it, where you introduced it, and when. It is important to include the overall budget you had for the development of the app, as this information is important in regards to the project’s effectiveness and results.
- Design: This section is worth 20% of your overall grade. This section is all about how you created your mobile application, and why you designed it in that particular way. It is important to outline the rationale, or concept behind the design you chose for your business/brand app. You also need to explain how you ensured that your visitors had a positive user experience, and that the use of mobile technology would drive traffic and consumer engagement.
- Innovation: This section is worth 20% of your overall grade. In this section, you should explain why you included the content that you did. You need to emphasize the creative and innovative elements of your business/brand app and prove to the judges that your project is unique. In this section, you should also explain the prospective or concrete benefits of your innovative use of mobile applications for yourself or your client.
- Results: This section is worth 30% of your overall grade. In this section, you need to concretely and quantifiably demonstrate how effective the business/brand app you developed has been to date. Tell us how many users your app has had so far, for instance, and how many of these are repeat visitors. How many new customers or leads has you or your client acquired that can be directly attributed to your app? The results of your project must also be explained in relation to the budget you had (what was the return on investment?).
Keep in mind that, no matter what category you enter, the judges will be looking for answers to these four questions:
- What did you set out to do?
- How did you do it?
- What are your results?
- Why do you think you deserve to win?
What needs to be included in my submission?
Before you enter your submission, please ensure that you have included the following:
- All of your correct contact details.
- The correct title of your company and your submission.
- The category in which your submission should be entered into is correct.
- Your written submission, answering all of the above sections and questions in detail.
- The URL to your website or a link to the campaign/materials from your campaign.
- All files are uploaded that you wish to include in your submission.
- Indicate whether you have any supporting material included in your submission that you will be mailing to us.
- Indicate that you agree with the Terms and Conditions, outlined in full on the online submission form.