wine merchants, Wine Imports
In addition to our own wines, Diageo's wine merchants – such as Britain's Justerini & Brooks – continue centuries of tradition by offering exclusive wine imports to restaurants, hotels and private clients.
We also continue to invest in growing our wine collection and most recently added Rosenblum Cellars in North America to our stable.
Below is a selection of our wine brands.
Launch: the first wine produced under the Chalone lable was made in 1960.
Chalone Vineyard Estate wines express their unique mountain terroir and uncommon limestone-rich volcanic soils. The wine exhibits richness, balance and distinct minerality, a signature of the estate.
- Estate wines: Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Grenache, Syrah
- Monterey County wines: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
Fact: Chalone Vineyard is the oldest bonded winery in Monterey County and the only winery in the Chalone sub appellation.
Top markets: Great Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia
- Simply Fruity: Red, White, Rosé
- White - Chardonnay, Colombard, Colombard Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
- Red – Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz, Merlot, Ruby Cabernet, Ruby Cabernet Shiraz, Shiraz Grenache
- Rosé – Shiraz Rosé, White Grenache, White Zinfandel
- Discovery: Italy (Montepulciano d'Abruzzo), South Africa (Pinot Grigio, Shiraz), Chile (Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Winemaker's Selection (Chardonnay, Merlot and Rosé)
- Limited Release (Chardonnay Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon)
Fact: Blossom Hill is the UK's no. 1 wine brand and the 6th largest total beverage alcohol brand in the UK off trade.
Justerini & Brooks
Top markets: Great Britain
A specialist fine wine business selling exclusive wines to prestige merchants, restaurants, hotels and to a global base of private clients.
Variants: A wide selection of still wines from around the world. Champagne, port, spirits.
Fact: Justerini & Brooks has held the Royal Warrant as a wine merchant to the monarch since 1760.
Top markets: GB, Japan, Canada, Ireland, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium
Launch: simultaneously launched in GB, Canada and Japan in 1979
Piat Père & Fils was founded in 1849 by Charles Piat in Burgundy as a traditional négociant-éleveur house.
Variants: Piat d'Or range: Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Grenache Rosé, Merlot, Sparkling Brut and Sparkling Rosé. Piat Pére & Fils range: Sauvignon Blanc, Rosé and Shiraz.
Fact: Piat d'Or is one of the original wine brands, created with the consumer in mind - bringing a range of easy-drinking and simple to navigate wines. It was supported with the unforgettable advertising campaigns in 1990's and today remains a market leader in the French category.
An acclaimed collection of Zinfandel and Rhône varietals from California's finest vineyards and appellations.
Fact: In 1978, veterinarian Dr. Kent Rosenblum and his wife Kathy founded Rosenblum Cellars. Over the years Rosenblum has been hailed as one of the top American wineries and called a 'mecca for zin-fanatics'.
Top markets: United States, Canada
Esteemed producer of ultra premium Napa Valley wines that reflect a 30 year heritage of integrating grape growing with wine making.
- Sterling Vineyards – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc
- Sterling Vintner's Collection – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, Chardonnay
- Sterling Vineyards Reserve Wines – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay
- Sterling Vineyards Estate Wines – Three Palms, Winery Lake, Diamond Mountain Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon
Fact: Sterling Vineyards was the first to plant significant amounts of Merlot in the Napa Valley and released the first Napa Valley vintage dated varietal Merlot.
Top markets: South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland, Botswana, Lesotho
Distributed by Diageo on behalf of Moët Hennessy. Dom Pérignon: a truly unique style heralding the creator of champagne.
Variants: Dom Pérignon, Dom Pérignon Rosé
Fact: Dom Pérignon is named after the creator of champagne, a monk called Pierre Pérignon.
Moët & Chandon
Top markets: France, US, GB, Japan, Germany
Distributed by Diageo on behalf of Moët Hennessy. Diageo owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, the spirit and wine subsidiary of LVMH Moët Hennessy - Luois Vitton SA (LVMH).
Variants: Brut Imperial, Brut Imperial Vintage, Brut Imperial Vintage Rosé, Brut Imperial Rosé, White Star, Brut 1er Cru, Nectar Imperial
Fact: The cellars in which Moët & Chandon is aged are hollowed out of chalk and cover the length of 17.5 miles.
, wine merchants