The establishment of large patient based registries for specific diseases, clinical specialties and procedures is becoming commonplace in all aspects of healthcare. Not only are such registries an invaluable source of data for research, but also national standards for outcomes can be identified, against which individual hospitals can run prospective audit to compare their results adjusting for case mix and severity of illness.
Consequently, such registries are having an increasingly profound influence on clinical practice, as well as to better understand the behaviour of patient sub-groups with respect to disease progression and response to therapeutic intervention. This would include the generation of risk stratification models that can be used at the point of care to guide clinical decision-making. Dendrite
web-based registries can be accessed using a standard web browser, allowing users to enter data without the need to install additional software or perform any complex system configurations. The system allows the clinicians to enter patient information onto a database whether in hospital, from an office-based practice or even at home.
Some of the key features of our bespoke registries include:
- Comprehensive tracking of procedures.
- Intuitive data capture with on line data validation.
- Import Manager Module allows the importation and merging of legacy data from a variety of different database systems.
- A "Download Document" option that allows users to download pdf. copies of the dataset questions, training manuals and other useful information.
- "Export my Data" – this feature allows users to extract their submitted data at any time to report/perform their own analysis. This ensures registrants have at all times easy access to their own data.
- Secure username and password access.
- Registries are easy to use; employing standard check-boxes, radio-buttons and drop-down lists, which make for rapid data entry.
- A drawing tool enables users to annotate diagrams, which can then be printed and stored in individual patient records.
Additional benefits of web-based registries include:
- Maintaining patient anonymity and confidentiality (safe and secure)
- Time saving compared to paper-based systems
- No need for additional data input
- Data validation
- Speed of recruitment
- Increases efficiency
- Simplifies the data collection process
Clinical registries and databases are ultimately a safe and secure method of collecting data to facilitate effective clinical governance and audit. In turn, this empowers professional societies, hospitals, clinical departments and clinicians with their own data, allowing them to make informed decision ultimately leading to improved outcomes for patients.
if you wish to learn more about our clinical databases and registries.