The regular application of Oracle security patches is essential to maintain the security of your Oracle databases. However sifting through the quarterly patch release, selecting appropriate patches and applying them can be a time consuming task with associated risks should a patch break something.
DB Alliance will review the quarterly patch release with a view to:
- Selecting only patches that are applicable to your system.
- Ranking the patches according to how likely you are to be affected by a vulnerability and possible damage to your system.
- Assess your database servers for any patch pre-requisites.
- Produce a plan for applying required patches.
- Perform any necessary backups before applying patches.
- Apply the patches to your servers.