Skibbereen Town Council has important functions in relation to environment in Skibbereen Town.
These functions include:
- Funding and promotion of Skibbereen Tidy Town’s Committee;
- Employment of part-time Litter Warden;
- Street Maintenance;
- Maintenance of Town Parks;
- Monitoring and Enforcement in respect of Derelict Sites;
- Provision and maintenance of Public Conveniences;
- Licensing of Caravan and Camping Sites;
- Monitoring and Enforcement of Public Health Nuisances;
- Monitoring and Enforcement of Indiscriminate Dumping.
For further information on environmental issues in Skibbereen Town, you can contact Skibbereen Town Council office, North Street, Skibbereen Tel. No.: (028) 21721/21222.
Information on environment in Cork County Council can be found in the link below: