The Generalisation Solution provides an efficient, automated workflow for product generation and interoperable information distribution. 1Spatial's high performance software components are integrated into an operational solution underpinned by robust data management and user-defined quality control.
The Generalisation Solution is designed for National Mapping Agencies, Commercial Mapping Agencies and any data providers that require an efficient, flexible and adaptive approach to data management, map product generation and distribution.
The Generalisation Solution consists of:
Data Management Component . This is used to ensure that data is clean and fit for generalisation processing. It comprises of:
- Data Quality Management module to automate rules-based data unification and validation
- Data Configuration module to group related objects together and build references between objects for fast traversal and processing
Product Generation Component . This is used to automatically generate new data products from existing large scale data. It comprises of:
- Model Generalisation module to reduce the amount of source data to a level suitable for the target scale
- Cartographic Generalisation module to detect and resolve conflicts between map objects for representation at the target scale
- Text Placement module to automatically place text (labels) into blank spaces on a map to ensure they are clear to read
Information Distribution Component . To facilitate dissemination of information, 1Spatial works with open source 3rd party technology or partners' solutions such as those provided by:
The Generalisation Solution is delivered through 1Spatial's and .