Water Damage, Water Restoration | Rainbow International
Rainbow International Of Ottawa Central
Many homes experience water damage to some degree. The majority of these water damages are a result of some type of plumbing failure. When water damage occurs,it is important that you locate a water restoration company that is well-trained and has the equipment to completely dry your home as quickly as possible.
Water damage is progressive and items that could be restored within the first 48 hours of the water damage may not be restored if emergency response is delayed.Although you might be tempted to use a shop vacuum or call a company that only has equipment to dry carpet, you should consider that water will wick up walls and travel under base molding and sill plates. It will penetrate through floor coverings into sub-floors, even causing water damage in rooms below.
Rainbow International® Water Restoration Service Professionals are trained on current procedures, such as , to dry your entire structure as quickly as possible, using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Moisture meters are used to locate moisture that may not be visible or may be hidden behind walls or cabinets, so that our Water Restoration Service Professionals can ensure that all wet materials are dry. Because we understand how important it is to react quickly in the unfortunate event of , , or , you can rely on Rainbow International to provide emergency response and quick professional service 24-hours a day.
In the event of water damage, do the following:
- Stay calm! Call Rainbow International.
- Make sure the water source is turned off. This will help contain the damage.
- Turn off the breaker in the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture which is in contact with wet carpet. This might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts which may get wet.
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, and other items which may stain wet carpet.
Do not attempt the following:
- Don’t use your home vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as certain damage to the equipment itself.
- Don’t place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining.
- Don’t walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.