OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management Systems
Safety Statements, Risk Assessments, safety consultants
Having a Safety Management System adds real value to any business by ensuring safety is not left to chance or handled in some ad-hoc fashion. It allows a business to identify and control health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, assists with legal compliance and improves overall performance in a consistent manner.
OHSAS 18001 is the international standard for health and safety management systems. OHSAS 18001 is part of an ISO suite of standards which also includes ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and can be implemented as a standalone system or can be integrated with ISO 9001 and/or ISO 14001. OHSAS 18001 addresses the following elements:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Management programme (incl. setting objectives and targets)
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
Whatever your business, OHSAS 18001 can be adopted and implemented to suit your operations.
, Risk Assessments
, Safety Consultancy
, safety consultants
, Safety Statements