Loss of memory is one of the more common symtoms for dementia patients. Dementia care products are very helpful in the home as an aid to independent living while giving carers peace of mind. Dementia care products include options such as:
- Passive infra red sensors trigger a friendly voice playback reminder - e.g. don't open the door to strangers.
- Bed and chair sensors can alert a carer when the occupant leaves their bed/chair and may be at risk.
- Friendly voice reminders can link to sensors placed at important points throughout the house.
- Messages can be programmed for times of day as a reminder to take pills, or have dinner for example Picture displays can be programmed to aid with the reminder message.
- Carers can be alerted if loved ones fail to acknowledge a reminder alarm.
Technology plays an ever increasing role in the care of dementia in Ireland. Please view the products on this page or call our advice line for further information.