Cork Audiological Services - Services
Cork Audiological Services
Hearing Loss, Hearing Impairment, Audiological Services
Jean provides a wide range of services for private patients, businesses, social clubs & medico legal services.
- For businesses, Jean undertakes on-site company screening and noise assessments to determine whether conditions exceed safe working noise levels. According to Health & Safety Guidelines, excessive working noise levels exceed 80dB. Consultation service includes the recommendation and supply of appropriate noise protective equipment according to working conditions as well as advice on frequency of hearing assessment;
- For social & recreational activities, Jean undertakes on-site noise assessments and provides recommendation and supply of appropriate noise protective equipment. Jean also supplies custom made swim moulds and cusom made noise protection plugs.
The treatment of a hearing impairment needs to be informed firstly by comprehensive assessment. Jean provides comprehensive assessment technique adults as follows:
- Middle Ear Analysis / Tympanometry
- Air Conduction Testing
- Bone Conduction Masking
- Speech Discrimination Tests
- Tone Decay Tests
- Recruitment Tests
Common signs of hearing loss in children become obvious when they fall behind in school, have problems keeping up and appear heedless.
Additional tests that are carried out to assess the development of hearing in young children and infants includes the following:
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (VRA) Test (6 mnths - 2.5 yrs)
- Conditioning Tests (2 yrs. - 3.5 yrs.)
, Hearing Impairment
, Hearing Loss
Contact Cork Audiological Services
Email - none provided
Print this page