Job Title: Regional Sales Support Manager
Job Location: Saudi Arabia
Core Purpose of Job:
• Management of Logistics activities across the Sales Region
• Management of Fleet and Refrigeration activities across the Sales Region
• Maintenance of Sales Depots, Cold Storage, Materials Handling Equipment and accommodation infrastructure
• Support for sales region relating to the procurement of assets and materials as required
Supply Chain Management:-
1. Communicate to region regarding expected stock replenishments and any expected stock outs.
2. Order management for sales regions in liaison with Head Office Supply Planning in cases of sudden demand fluctuations.
3. Highlight areas of risk to the business, such as potentially ageing inventory
4. Derive and deliver, low cost, efficient operations by implementing and monitoring efficient work practises of depot teams, and ensuring best practise is followed in terms of materials handling equipment.
5. Lead the team to structure reefer arrival schedules are in such a way across the region that allows for efficient loading and offloading of stocks with little or no delay to the reefer fleet, and to assist with faciliation of backloading of primary freight.
6. Direct and manage Haj & Ramadan requirements in terms of people, infrastructure and equipment so as to deliver the required amount of product in the correct quantity at the correct time.
7. To manage adherrence to policy to deliver depot, villa, products, cold store, cold chain management & date code policies are met. This is achieved by coordinating and attending multiple facility audits, whereby records are monitored to ensure compliance. To constantly evaluate methods of improving compliance in all areas.
8. Control of all inventory across the sales region is correctly accounted for. This includes in transit stocks from CPP, WB Al Kharj and Jeddah, sales van loading and reconciliation, crates and pallets, depot inventory and workshop spares.
9. Manage the Regional Sales Support Teams to ensure that all routine maintenance to sales infrastructure is in place.
Fleet and Refrigeration Management
1. To implement a Regional Fleet and Refrigeration (chiller and depot refrigeration) planned maintenance program. Utilise and develop the SAP system to give accurate and timely KPI information to allow for better management of all maintenance.
2. To advise Sales Support Manager, and RGM on proposals for capital expenditure.
3. To ensure maintenance cover is available to all locations at all times
4. Ensure that Company Health and Safety Policies are adhered to at all times in collaboration with Regional and Group Health and Safety Managers
5. Strategic Measurement and reporting of all fleet related accidents, and work toward accident reduction with Health and Safety Managers
6. Liaise with suppliers to obtain competitive offers and pursue any claims under warranties.
7. To implement measures and targets to maximize the efficiency of the fleet utilization (including but not limited to, van capacity utilization, downtime, van hours utilization %, cost per kilometers, cost per liter).
8. To carry out any other tasks or special projects that may be deemed appropriate
Capital Projects and existing Infrastructure Management :-
1. To provide leadership and guidance to the team to ensure as far as practical, the economic life of existing sales infrastructure.
2. To ensure that the depot construction works done by contractors or Almarai Administered construction group are in accordance with the approved drawings and standard technical specifications of the depot and that the items of all contracts with the contractor are fulfilled.
3. To deliver a plan to ensure that the maintenance to cold storage facilities is in place to mitigate risk of breakdown and subsequent risk to product integrity
Human Asset Management
1. Deliver through the sales staff team effective procedure to ensure that staff have the required uniforms and accommodation (where applicable) to allow them to work within a clean, safe and comfortable environment. This encompasses hygiene, canteen facilities, bedding, personal protective equipment and uniforms.
2. Conduct regular performance reviews with Head Office and key Regional Logistics, Fleet and Refrigeration staff which monitor training progress, as well as ensure conformity to standards across the sales region, and the move towards best practise in all areas.
3. Deliver effective manpower planning region wide for Fleet, Refrigeration, Logistics and Depot Developmen functions, and that it is adequately communicated and agreed with Regions where applicable
4. Provide strategic direction to ensure training and development, as well as succession planning needs for all logistics and construction staff across the sales region are met.
• Responsibility for maintenance of:
o 8500 coolers of a value of SR 60.5 million
o Up to 500 sales vans and 300 cars and cruisers valued at SR 185 Million, at a maintenance cost of SR3.5 Million for the Sales Region, and running costs of SR 2 Million
o 300 sales vans for Bakery sales
o 40 sales vans for HADCO
o Fridge maintenance worth 1.4 million SAR
Bachelor’s/ Masters Degree in a suitable discipline.
Member of an Internationally recognized Logistics Institute or Association
1. Master in Business Administration (MBA)
2. Certification of User Competency with SAP
Minimum 5 years experience of managing a team of professionals/managers, as well as operational staff
Minimum 7 years experience in an organization with quality control systems in place.
Exposure to operating a commercial fleet
Sound knowledge of FMCG planning
Total experience 8 – 10 years
Plus discretionary Bonus [year 2009 was between 4 and 8 weeks pay but it can change, dependent upon company, personal job grade and personal performance] For example it could mean Nil Bonus for a poor performance-either company or individual or a mixture of both.
Quality free Accommodation and Car provided [ Or Housing Allowance and Car Allowance Paid instead].
Medical cover for self and family [ normally only covered in the country where employee works].
Annual Children’s Education Allowance [ for up to 3 children].
Number of Free Return Air Flights depends on Managerial Grade, Single or Married status and work location.
Severance Pay [ 5% of Annual Salary for each completed year of service for the first two years and 15% of annual salary for the third and subsequent completed year of service. After 8 years can walk away with 100% of salary [Tax Free].