AIC - Association of Irish Composers
- Through the Association's newsletter and web site members can keep in touch with AIC activities and opportunities for Irish composers. Members also get occasional e-shots alerting them to composer opportunities.
- Members of the AIC are automatically members of the International Society for Contemporary Music. The AIC sends a delegate to the annual ISCM World Music Days and ensures Irish representation in the festival.
- AIC is recognised internationally as a composers' union, therefore AIC is frequently asked to send delegates to international forums/conferences that concern the composer's position. The European Composers’ Forum, of which AIC is a member, is the most active of these at present, and concentrates on the composers’ livelihood as affected by current EU legislative changes.
- With the assistance of IMRO and CMC, members can avail of informed advice on legal and administrative matters, e.g. contracts, royalties and commission rates.
- AIC lobbies bodies that make decisions which materially affect composers and represents members' interests at many levels of music decision-making in Ireland.
- AIC represents members in other organisations such as The Forum for Music in Ireland.
- AIC runs composition competitions in association with Music21, IMRO and the Feis Ceoil.