What Can Acupuncture Treat?
Acupuncture treats people who complain of a deficiency or break down in their health. It can focus on physical, psychological, emotional or even spiritual disorders with equal effect.
It is safe to say that there is no sick person who cannot be helped by acupuncture treatment. The extent and speed of this help will naturally depend upon a number of considerations, the chief among which are the following:
- The nature of the complaint itself. Some complaints are by their very nature more severe or serious than others. This will determine the extent and type of treatment prescribed.
- The length of time the complaint has been there will also have some bearing. Generally speaking, more recent disorders are more easily and rapidly eliminated than those which have been present for a number of years. Acupuncture, however, can be helpful in both chronic and acute conditions.
- The frequency and type of TCM treatment can determine the likely outcome of therapy.
- The skill and experience of the practitioner cannot be discounted. Nor can the general state of health and well-being of the patient be disregarded in determining the effectiveness and speed of acupuncture treatment.
- What happens between treatments and how well the patient keeps to the instructions of the TCM practitioner can also influence the speed of recovery, or otherwise.
There is no limitation in terms of age, sex or condition regarding treatment.
The very young and old are regularly treated in our clinic.
We often assist pregnant women with acupuncture treatment.
Some of the most common conditions we treat are:
Back, neck and shoulder pain
Common colds and flu
Sinusitis and hay fever
Preconception and fertility problems
Children - colic, colds, flu, teething, chest infection, etc
Depression / anxiety
Irritable bowel syndrome