If appropriate… we will erect a ‘To Let’ sign at the property to further heighten awareness of its’ availability.
We assess the suitability of any prospective interested party before presenting any expressions of interest to the Landlord.
On agreeing and securing suitable tenants on your behalf through our lettings department, we will then…
- Obtain appropriate references, ID and all other relevant tenant details
- Check and verify references of the successful applicants
- Draft Lease Agreements and arrange signing of same
- Obtain first months rent in advance plus Security Deposit (usually one months rent)
- Stamp duty collection where applicable.
- Present an Inventory to tenants at time of Lease Signing (if provided)
- Arrange for Utility Bills to be transferred into new tenant’s name
- Arrange for a Standing Order Mandate to be signed and sent to the tenants bank, for monthly rental payments
We also transfer utilities services into new tenants names where possible and ensure a standing order is put in place for consistent rent payments direct to the landlords bank account.
If the property is managed, the rental income is monitored by us and comes directly into our client account before being transferred to the landlord every month.
In the absence of a management contract, we remain a contact option for both the landlord and tenant for the duration of the tenancy should any difficulties arise on either side that may require our intervention and expertise to help resolve. However, we endorse good relations between Landlords and Tenants in the best interests of all concerned for a ‘smooth’ trouble free tenancy and advocate that the prevention of problems is the best way to solve them!