Although in general vibratory feeder bowls/tracks have very low maintenance requirements, productivity and efficiency can benefit from occasional servicing. It is often found that a production line costing many thousands of €uro will operate at only 70% of capacity because a feeder is not putting out parts at a sufficient rate. BJ Automation services and repairs most known makes of feeder bowl and track.
Why service vibratory feeders???
- Increase Production Output – A single feeder service often results in a 25% increase in machine output and has yielded increases of 40%.
- Reduce Energy Costs – A better tuned feeder requires a lower controller setting and less electricity. Well maintained tooling eliminates the need for air jets to manipulate parts, and a single air jet can cost €5,000 over the course of a year.
- Reduce Noise Levels – A feeder service almost always results in lower noise levels, and occasionally makes the difference between mandatory use of hearing protection (>85dB(A)) and not requiring any hearing protection (<80dB(A)).
- Reliability – Like any other machine, a feeder that is serviced runs more reliably, meaning less downtime and less input from maintenance technicians.
Typical problems occurring in bowl feeders: Sound familiar???
- Declining feedrate due to low amplitude of vibration
- A “dead spot” in the bowl – parts will not feed past a certain point in the bowl, even though they are moving elsewhere in the bowl.
- Intermittent operation – feeder will run spontaneously at excessive amplitude or not at all.
- Excessive noise
In a typical feeder service BJ Automation can carry out the following tasks at your factory:
- Initial assessment and test run to determine condition of feeder and quantify output
- Inspection of transport surfaces of feeder and bowl lining
- Inspection and cleaning of springs and spacers
- Inspection of wear surfaces
- Inspection of screw threads
- Inspection of coils and gap checks
- Final test run
- Full report on work done
Does your process suffer because of a poorly maintained feeder bowl? Are you missing the last 10% - 20% of your production output (the profit!)??? Contact us for a quotation or to arrange a site visit.
BJ Automation also offers a relining service for polyurethane lined feeder bowls. Using a specialised polyurethane spraying process, a bowl can achieve the following results:
- increased performance
- careful treatment of parts
- noise reduction
- longer equipment lifetimes
- clean operation
And by carefully selecting the lining material you can also achieve:
- gripping or sliding characteristics
- desinfectable (pharma grade)
- impact absorbing
- different colours (for hygiene or visual aid)
BJ Automation can ship a relined feeder bowl within 2 days of receipt at our site in Ballinhassig, Co. Cork. Leave the bowl a little longer with us, and we can give it a full service and even paint the base, so you will receive your feeder bowl back at your factory in good as new condition.