BER Energy Services

By: Ber Energy Certs  05/12/2011

Tests arranged

We can also arrange for the following tested to be carried out:

  • Air Tightness,
  • Air Permeability Testing
  • Thermal Imaging
  • Building Thermography tests to be carried out.

New Dwellings

If you are applying for planning permission to build a new dwelling or if you are purchasing a new house off plans, you will need a provisional BER certificate which will last two years. To provide a certificate for this, you will need to forward us a copy of your plans and a completed specification sheet and we do the rest.

Existing Dwellings

If you require a BER for an existing dwelling, then the property will have to be surveyed in obtain the BER. Upon contacting us, we will arrange a home visit to survey the property at your convenience. This visit will normally take one hour. The assessment will then be carried out back in our offices based on the site visit inspection.


Upon contacting us and discussing your specific requirements, all fees will be agreed in writing. The fees will vary depending on the size and complexity of the dwelling's construction. We can provide substantial reductions in our fees for large multi-dwelling developments. This includes the standard SEI fee of €25 per certificate issued and VAT.

The information in this article was current at 02 Dec 2011