WELCOME TO OUR ONLINE COFFEE SHOP !
We specialise in buying Single Origin, Single Estate & Seasonal Coffees
& roasting these to order in one of our small batch roasters, every tuesday. ***** The weekly deadline for all orders is MIDNIGHT MONDAY. *****
All orders are delivered daytime Thursday, including equipment orders.
***** Christmas 2011*****
Orders due by midnight Tuesday 20 December, delivered Thursday 22 December.
Grind your coffee to suit just before use
Weigh your coffee if brewing: about 60g/100ml
Use water off the boil: about 90-94deg.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry & dark place.
Note recommendations for espresso &/or filter (Cafetiere, v60, Aeropress) below.
€4.50 Flat rate courier service for 3 to 8 of the 227 bags &/or brewers.
See bottom of this page for further info re volume discounts, green beans & efficient buying
As we were saying .. WE ROAST TUESDAY, COURIER WEDNESDAY, YOU HAVE IT THURSDAY
SO ... all orders received up to midnight Monday are fresh roasted on Tuesday and immediately bagged, labelled and dated. We mail or courier Wednesday - so that you receive it Thursday unless you are in the outter reaches of Ireland (Friday) or outside the island of Ireland.
NOTES ON EFFICIENT BUYING:
- We don't mark up on mailing: we pass the savings on to you, every cent we can ..
- For either 1 or 2 of our 227g bags we use An Post, costing either 2.70 or 3.85;
- For all orders of 3 to 8 x 227g bags, 2 x 1kg, or 1 x 2.5kg we use a courier and this is flat rate fee of 4.50 !!! So for 8 bags, that works out at just 56c freight per bag - The most efficient way to buy coffee!;
- courier charges for over 2.05kg up to 30kg are 8.70;
- yes you can mix bags within the freight set;
- Please note that these mail rates apply ONLY to the island of Ireland.
- if you buy the 1Kg bag we'll charge you just 3.5 times the regular 227g bag price: more than 20% discount !
- if you buy the 2.5Kg bag we'll only charge you 8.5 times the regular 227g bag price: a saving of 23% !
NOTES ON GRINDING:
- We strongly recommend the purchase of whole coffee beans: freshness is preserved much longer in the natural bean form. Furthermore, we recommend grinding only the required amount immediately prior to brewing.
GREEN BEANS AND ROASTING YOUR OWN COFFEE !
Have you got an old pop corn maker in that corner cupboard, unloved .. why not put some spark in it's life and use it to roast coffee in your home !!! Just buy the coffee you want online with a note in the meassage box "GREEN BEANS" and, if you buy more than 2 x 227g bags we'll stick an extra 20% in your bag in case you burn it once, or twice!