Introducing the ALL NEW AutoTap Express DIY
Complex engine electronics are easy to understand when you have the right tools. Now, you can solve the mystery of the Check Engine Light. Keep your engine performing at peak efficiency. Diagnose and solve common engine problems and more!
Easier than ever to use, the new and improved AutoTap Express DIY is designed for the do-it-yourselfer determined to save money on their vehicle maintenance.
- Take pride in fixing your car yourself?
- Hate spending money on unnecessary parts?
- Want to keep repair dollars in your pocket and not in the shops?
- Wish you could test used vehicles before you buy?
If you answered YES to any of these questions – AutoTap Express DIY is right for you!
How AutoTap Express DIY Works
The complex electronics in today’s vehicles require more than a socket wrench and a long Sunday afternoon to diagnose and solve problems. You need an electronic diagnostic interface designed especially for the Do-It-Yourselfer.
AutoTap Express DIY links the special OBDII (CAN) plug-in- port under your dash of your car or light truck to your computer. Then, AutoTap Express DIY translates the signals from your vehicle’s computer-controlled sensors to the Diagnostic Wizard’s easy-to-read screens.
It’s simple to use. And oh man, it can save you money.
A quick install of the software on your laptop and you’re ready to go. The intuitive program helps you every step of the way with the most common problems do-it-yourselfers face. Check Engine Light
- What triggered the light? You’ve got three choices: Ignore it. Fix it. Take it to the shop. But you can’t ignore it, and you don’t want to take it to the shop. So, don’t waste time wondering what that annoying light is telling you. Plug in your AutoTap Express DIY and just walk through the step-by-step diagnostics.
- What if there’s no Check Engine Light – but you can tell the engine isn’t running right. Got a rough idle or a trouble code? The diagnostic wizard gives you possible scenarios and tells you how to check it. It automatically displays actual, relevant sensor values AND reference values for easy comparison.
- Concerned your vehicle won’t pass the annual inspection? Saving time, money and hassle is easier with the emissions pre-testing program. Run it before you go sit in line at a testing station – and make sure you pass the first time.
- Want to track engine performance over time? It’s easy with the vehicle snapshots. You have the option of saving your data and recalling it instantly to compare to future scans.
- Want to see your data graphically? The new, improved graphing detail lets you compare up to four parameters at a time. Change RPMs or engine temps – the data graphs change right along with it.
It’s Not a Simple Scan Tool
There are other cheap scan tools on the market that can read a trouble code. But, that’s like buying a hamburger and just getting the bun. You don’t get the meat. Code readers can tell you the problem – but they can’t help you identify the cause and they won’t help you fix it. That can lead you down an expensive and time consuming path of parts swapping.
The cheap tool really isn’t cheap when you think about it.
AutoTap Express DIY will help you identify the cause and it will walk you through solutions. It’s like having a Master Technician right beside you – guiding you every step of the way.
We know this business. Our OBDII experience began with the release of our flagship diagnostic tool in 1996, the same year OBDII vehicles hit the road. Some of our earlier versions gave too much information and were tougher to use. But we listened to our customers. The new AutoTap Express DIY has been refined and honed to give you concise, accurate information and guidance.
It belongs in your toolbox.
Reduce the Unexpected Costs of Vehicle Ownership
- Don’t drop a bundle at the repair shop for fixes you can do yourself
- Don’t waste time and money swapping out unnecessary parts
- Don’t assume your mechanic (if you use one) knows everything
- Don’t buy another car without knowing what’s under the hood