A Division of Swinglehurst Limited
Aquarius Insurance Services
Insurance, fish, insurance policy
Aquaculture is split into three broad categories:
- Onshore farming - constitutes the breeding and farming of fish in land based Containers, Ponds, and Raceways. Water is provided and oxygenated in a number of ways including gravity fed, pump ashore and recirculation aquaculture systems (RAS).
- Offshore farming - is the farming and/or ranching of fish in cages based in open water such as lakes, lochs and the open sea.
- Hatcheries and Nurseries - same as onshore farming.
Fishstock Insurance subject to policy terms, conditions and exclusions will pay a loss as a result of the following perils:-
- Theft, predators.
- Predation or physical damage caused by predators or other aquatic organisms (but not by sea lice or other ectoparasites)
- Storm, lightning, flooding, tidal wave, collision, sudden and unforeseen structural failure of equipment.
- Jellyfish Infestation.
- Drought, fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake.
- Freezing, supercooling, ice damage.
- Deoxygenation due to competing biological activity or to changes in the physical or chemical condition of the water, including upwelling and high water temperature.
- Any other change in concentration of the normal chemical constituents of the water, including change in pH or salinity.
- Mechanical breakdown or accidental damage to machinery and other installations.
- Electrical breakdown, failure or interruption of the electricity supply, electrocution.
In tailoring your insurance policy the range of perils you choose can be a comprehensive 'All named perils' insurance or one or more specific perils dependant on your needs.
, Aquatic Organisms
, Biological Activity
, Chemical Constituents
, insurance policy