Mobile Network, Network Coverage, network operations
Ammeon Remote is a simple to use, web-based Managed Service offering for Mobile Network Testing.
The key features of Ammeon Remote are:
- Simple web-based access to test mobile device in a carrier's market(s)
- Wide range of test capabilities:
Voice calls, IN Services, SMS, MMS, USSD, Data etc.
- Tests can be manual or automated
- Can also be used for remote Network & Service Monitoring (eg. from remote NOCs)
- Supports GSM, 3G, CDMA
Ammeon Remote is offered as a managed service and consists of four key elements:
- Ammeon Remote Infrastructure
This is a distributed, cloud-based environment hosted by Ammeon.
- Device Servers
These are placed in network coverage and contain one or more GSM/3G/CDMA devices.
- SIM Servers
These are hosted within the Ammeon Remote infrastructure allowing SIMs to be changed remotely in device servers.
- Web Clients
Access to Ammeon Remote is via standard web browsers. Clients have unique, secure and uncontended access to Device and SIM Servers.
Some typical applications of Ammeon Remote are:
- Automated Regression Testing after:
- IN upgrades
- New tariff plan/bundle introductions
- New vendor introductions (e.g. after major billing or infrastructure system changes)
- Remote Network and Service Monitoring
- Typically used by remote/off-shore Network Operations Centres (NOCs)
- Ammeon Remote ensures that Quality of Service can be constantly measured and maintained across a network for a broad range of services
- Roaming Testing
- Device servers can be placed in markets under test
- Facilitates centralisation and automation of roaming testing and ongoing monitoring of roaming
- MVNO Testing and QoS Assurance
- Revenue Assurance
Benefits of Ammeon Remote
- Cost Savings:
Ammeon Remote offers significant, immediate and proven cost savings compared to manual testing and/or the use of more complex test tools.
- No requirement for on-site personnel making calls
- Facilitates the use of off-shore test resources
- No requirement to purchase/manage test handsets
- Ammeon Remote is provided as a managed service ensuring 24x7 availability
- Savings exceeding 80% have been seen in live Ammeon Remote deployments
- Ammeon Remote requires no specialised training as its web interface mimics a typical mobile station user interface
Through its automation capability, Ammeon Remote allows for large volumes of test cases to be executed and results to be collated and verified automatically.
- New services can be deployed faster
- Changes to billing and/or infrastructure systems can be verified more quickly
Consistent, repeatable and verifiable testing provides a high degree of Revenue Assurance.
- Ammeon Remote tracks all events, e.g. Calls, Texts, data are logged as Call Detail Records (CDRs)
, Automated Regression Testing
, device servers
, Infrastructure System
, Mobile Network
, Network Coverage
, network operations
, Network Operations Centres